Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rep Rap

OK. I've gone and bit the bullet. I'm embarking on yet another project. I will build a Rep Rap Rapid Prototyping 3D printer. These little machines allow one to "print" plastic components from a computer model.

I'm going to start with the repstrap which is a mini version designed to build some of the parts needed to create the reprap machine.

Parts are on order and I should have what I need to begin assembly in a week or so.

So far my outlays look like this:
$117 RepRap foundation (pcb's, plastic, nozzles, motor)
$10 Digi-key (electronic parts mouser didn't have)
$140 Mouser (electric parts)
$140 RepRap foundation (acrilic)
$105 Keling (stepper motors)
$150 McMaster (hardware)

So it looks like I'm about $700 into the project and still need to source the extruder.

No comments: